Thursday, May 21, 2009

1 month old. Already!

May 21st means that Sophie has been around for a whole month already! We can't believe that that much time has passed so soon and so quickly. Janelle went back to work on Monday, and I have been Mr. Mom all week. I wasn't quite sure what to expect (as I have never done anything like this before in my life), but so far so good! It really mostly consists of a three-to-four hour repeating schedule of bottle-feeding, playing (which is mostly just me talking or singing to her while she fusses), and sleeping (most of which requires her to lay in my arms rendering me useless to doing anything else, i.e., household chores--as she often won't stay asleep if I lay her down in her crib until she is fully asleep). Then when she starts to wake up, I have to get the next bottle warmed up, and the cycle starts again. She seems to be getting bigger, but we won't have her official weight and height (I think calling it "length" is silly) until we get to the pediatrician's office tomorrow for her 1 month check-up. We are very curious. Janelle weighed herself with and without Sophie on our scale (which is hardly a very accurate way to weigh her) and found that she should be approximately 12.4 lbs. We'll see tomorrow though! Meanwhile here are a few more pics for you to check out!

3 comments:

Marti said...

Love the bikini pictures!! She is precious and I can't wait to see her again-one more day to go!

Unknown said...

You three look so sweet together. Hurry, Hurry June! We love you.

Unknown said...

Nice bikini! Has she been swimming yet? Adrianna loved swimming when she was a newborn (and still does).