Monday, December 18, 2006

Life after more than 2 months straight of traveling for work

Ahhhh...

It's so good to be home again! For more than three nights in a row!

That's right, for more than 2 months straight, September 11-November 16, I was almost continuously traveling for work. Never once did I have the chance to stay at home for more than 3 nights in a row. It was fun, but it was work. And it was a lot of time away from my friends and family.

I traveled to South Dakota, New York City, Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Louis, and all over western Colorado including Aspen, Telluride, Durango, Steamboat Springs, and Vail. I have enough hotel shampoos and lotions under my sink now to fill a bathtub. In fact, if you're a guest at our household, you get your pick of dozens of varieties of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, and mouthwash!

I am glad it's done for the time being. I couldn't possibly travel like that all year-round. Maybe if I was single and had no friends or family. But what kind of life would that be?

The best thing about all the travel is the fact that it helps me appreciate home.

-Chris

No comments: